Property of the week: Hay fields in Banana Shire
A Queensland property with strong hay production from 68ha of flood-free clay loam on the Dawson River is now on the market.
The property is about 4km from Moura, a small town of about 2000 people in the Shire of Banana, which sounds like the most ‘Queenslandesque’ name we could imagine.
It is currently set up for fully irrigated growing of Rhodes Grass to produce hay, of which Ray White Biloela says 7000 bales were produced in 2015-16.
Currently advertised on our sister site Farmbuy.com, the property is supplied with a rubbish service and mail service if required, as well as 3-phase power on the property.
Additionally, the agency lists the following water supplies for the property:
- Supplemented Medium and High Priority allocations pumped directly from Dawson River (Sunwater Upper Dawson Scheme).
- Supplemented allocation (water harvesting) pumped directly from Dawson River when flow conditions allow (regulated by Department of Natural Resources).
- Water is pumped through two pipelines from the Dawson River bank for the pump site.
- 600 KL High priority from Moura town supply pipeline.
- Pipeline network supplying water to irrigation, houses and gardens.
The irrigation system primarily consists of underground PVC pipes and electric pumps supplying water to spraying systems from the river.
Two 16ha Reinke electric centre pivot irrigators from the majority of the property’s field irrigation – making the two fields distinctly recognisable from above – while a new 436m Wade Rain side-roll irrigator covers another 9ha, and a 312m Pearce side-roll irrigator waters 6ha.
The homestead features a fully air-conditioned, large five-bedroom house with two bathrooms, an external laundry, large lounge room, office and verandah.
Outside is a three-vehicle carport and a small concrete-block cottage, which has its own external laundry and another carport.
Both dwellings and their yards are fully fenced with steel panel fencing.
In addition, the property has a nine-bay hay storage shed with an open side for truck access, three open three-bay sheds with varying facilities for storing machinery and working, plus an extra fully-enclosed three bay shed with a concrete floor.
Keep up to date on the industry by signing up to Trade Farms Machinery's free weekly newsletter. Be the first to know about new tractors for sale.