Case IH Optum CVT to launch mid-year
The Case IH Optum CVT tractor range will be coming to Australia in August, the company announced at a dealer conference at Uluru today.
Product manager Peter Elias says the external design of the Optum introduces the look of Case IH tractors for the future, while mechanically it combines the versatility and manoeuvrability of a Puma with the power of a Magnum.
"An in-depth customer clinic was held, involving owners of a variety of brands in this segment," he says. "We thoroughly evaluated demands and expectations which then were implemented in the development, design and manufacturing of the new tractor range.
"One key requirement Australian farming and contracting businesses focus on is the manoeuvrability and compact dimensions of highly versatile and powerful tractors – that is what our development engineers kept in mind.
"We are convinced that the Case IH Optum CVT will soon be appreciated as a truly versatile and reliable high performer," Elias says.
The Austrian-made Optum CVT range consists of two models which both use Tier 4B, 6.7-litre NEF engines from FPT Industrial, with 270 or 300 horsepower at a rated speed of 2100rpm and a maximum power of 313 horsepower at 1800rpm.
The transmission is carried over from the LWB Puma range, albeit reinforced to handle the extra power of the Optum, with a strengthened casting, new rear axle and double planetary final drives.
The CVT has a useable speed range from 20m/h to a top speed of 50km/h, without needing to change any gears. The transmission also has the active stop featured on the rest of the CVT range.
Case IH has also changed the design of the engine sump, which now acts as a ‘backbone’ for the tractor and increases the maximum gross vehicle weight to 16,000kg.
The company says this reduces stress from the engine block.
Other notable features of the Optum CVT include:
- New reactive steering – makes for comfortable driving at speed as the steering wheel returns to the straight ahead position
- ABS/ABS advanced and automatic park lock
- 4-speed rear PTO, 2-speed front PTO
- Closed Centre Load Sensing Hydraulic System - 220 litres/min hydraulic flow with separate steering and transmission systems
- 630 litres diesel tank and 96 litres AdBlue tank
- Rear linkage with 11,058kg maximum lifting power at ball ends
- Front linkage with 5,821kg maximum lifting power at ball ends – perfect for triple mowers
- ISOBUS Class II/III
- Headland Management Control (HMC II) and remote file transfer function
- Longest service intervals in the power sector
Keep up to date on the industry by signing up to Trade Farms Machinery's free weekly newsletter. Be the first to know about new tractors for sale.